I am having that dream again where I am traveling down the same roads all over again. I struggle to find a way out of my loop that my life seems to be in. I see familiar landscape over and over again. Lost and needing redirection.
Have you been there? When life seems to be going nowhere quick or you can’t focus or decide on your next step?
Here are my 10 steps to redirection.
- Open the Word of God. Reading the Bible often helps me, but you need to move beyond basic-Bible devotions or your-read-through-the-year plan. One of my favorite verses to contemplate and pray on when I need new direction or to make an important decision is:
Proverbs 3:6 “In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
- Pray for His direction. Keep a journal handy during prayer to write down thoughts that come into your mind as you pray.
- Find a point in your life when you were happiest. Write down the reasons why. Often we feel lost when we have chosen a wrong course. Sometimes we need to look back.
- Take a personal retreat to nature. You can take a journal or you can just sit in a open field and revel in God’s creation.
- Seek guidance from a trusted friend about your state of being. Sometimes a friend can see your situation better than you can. God puts people into our lives to help us. Remember Moses. He had two men to help Him when he felt weak.
- Find a woman’s study group in your area and join it.
- Sometimes it is best to do nothing but to wait until God redirects us. As Jeremiah states in chapter 40 verse 31 : “Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.”
- Remember God’s promises and stand in faith. Jesus said: “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” (John 8:12).
- Take time to have a personal revival service where you just praise Him. In this praise, He will come and show you the way. God gives us lost moments so we remember we are His.
- Memorize a favorite verse about God’s paths for our lives. Here are just a few that I love:
Isaiah 55:8-9 “Indeed, my plans are not like your plans,
and my deeds are not like your deeds,
9 for just as the sky is higher than the earth,
so my deeds are superior to your deeds
and my plans superior to your plans.
Psalm 139:13-14 Certainly you made my mind and heart;
you wove me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I will give you thanks because your deeds are awesome and amazing.
You knew me thoroughly.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own understanding.
6 Acknowledge him in all your ways,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 16:9 A person plans his course,
but the Lord directs his steps.
I hope this post blessed you. How do you redirect your course when you feel you have lost your way? Please, share your thoughts feelings and prayers in the comments below.
Please share this pin with your followers:
I will linkup this post to parties listed on my linkup parties page. Be sure to check it out for parties that you can linkup with too.