I decided to go back two years down memory lane for this post. I was such newbie blogger then. I didn’t know much and was feeling my way around the blogosphere. I learned about this new blog hop called 10 Things Thankful and decided to join in. I looked back to my first post for 10 Things Thankful as inspiration for this post and found not much has changed. I am still just as thankful for the simple things in my life like:
1. Salvation and grace through Jesus.
2. Lizzi from Considering who personally invited me to take part in her blog hop that first weekend. She had a dream and stuck with it and her blog hop community is still going strong sharing weekly posts about all things Thankful.
4. A beautiful home to call my own provided by a loving husband.
5. My grand babies. We have three. This was our youngest two years ago in our favorite team outfit.
6. My health continues to improve. Two years ago, I battled anemia because of a bleeding ulcer and had to have five iron infusions. Today, I am still disabled because I battle GIRD, arthritis, and fibromyalgia, but I have a renewed outlook. I am pushing forward on a journey to loose weight and hopefully improve my health. I have lost 37 pounds to date.
7. Two years ago we were missed by Tropical Storm Andrea. Forecasters feared the storm would bring flooding and potential severe thunderstorms and tornadoes to my state. The storm, however, picked up speed and moved quicker than projected and caused less damage than feared. We had another Tropical Storm threaten our South Carolina coast just last week. I am thankful that our Spring has been uneventful. Some states in the Midwest are dealing with tornadoes today. My prayers go out to the victims.
8. Two years ago, I wrote about my college baseball team playing well in their Super
Regional tournament against the North Carolina Tar Heels. I am sorry to say, I have not kept up with their playing this year because I have been busy keeping up with my daughter’s softball activities. She is a lead pitcher for her softball team. At a game recently, she pitched two great innings during which no one scored because she struck out four players, threw the ball to first to get out a player, and tagged out the runner coming into home plate.
9. My new blogging friends from all over the blogosphere. I have met so many great bloggers and am still so thankful to all my readers for their support!
10. School is coming to a close once again. Two years ago, my daughter was ending fourth grade. It is hard to believe she is completing sixth grade! I am so thankful that once again I will have the opportunity to write everyday and spend time with my daughter during her summer vacation.
11. I always ended my Thankful post in the beginning with this phrasing: Being happy, loved, and having so much to look forward too. It is still true today!
Also joining these hops: