Joy in Salvation
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation;
and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Joy seemed unreachable as my family suffered from an illness, my van died, and my writing stymied. I had nothing to share, no victory to highlight.
I heard my daughter vomiting and could not think beyond, “My baby is sick.” My husband suffered as well with his back out and coughing. My fever raged at 102. The mechanic told us that our engine was shot and replacing the valve gasket was a waste of money because the entire engine needed replacing.
I couldn’t focus because my life seemed full of bad news and defeat. How could I find joy in my salvation in this season?
My heart sank, but a small voice spoke to me. “Find joy in Me, not your circumstances.”
- The joy that Christ died for me and to take away my sin.
- The joy that my future is settled. I will spend eternity with Christ.
- The joy that He is my God.
- The joy that He heals my sickness.
- The joy that my life is fulfilled in Him.
- The joy that He has a plan for my life.
- The joy that despite my momentary trials I have permanent victory in Him.
He is my joy, my rock, and my salvation.
Read more of my A to Z for Spiritual Redemption. My other posts include:
- #LMMLinkup: A is for Acceptance
- #AtoZChallenge: B is for Believe
- #AtoZChallenge: C is for Cross
- #AtoZChallenge: D is For Devotion
- #AtoZChallenge: E is for Eternal
- #AtoZChallenge: F is for Faith and Following Jesus
- #LMMLinkup: G is for Grace
- #AtoZChallenge: H is for Hope of Salvation
- #AtoZChallenge: I is for Innocent
- #AtoZChallenge: J is for Joy in Salvation
Note: I will link this post with many of the blog parties listed on my Linkup Parties page. Be sure to check it out. I update it often.