I am proud to have Susan Mead’s share her guest post on grace, grief, and reading today on Literacy Musing Mondays.
Susan B. Mead is a woman in AWE of God. She’s an author, speaker, chaplain and mom. She authored the book, Dance with Jesus: From Grief to Grace, which hit #1 Amazon Hot New Release in Christian Grief the day it released. Susan spent 22+ years with Johnson & Johnson. She retired 10-years early because she realized things get broken, discarded and replaced in life, yet people matter…
Susan has been married to the love of her life, Holt, since 1979 and is the mom of 2 “boys.” Her sons are Matt, who lives in South Louisiana, and Kyle, who is in heaven dancing with Jesus. She lives in Coppell, Texas with Holt and 2 “old girls,” her labs, Brooklyn and Samantha.
Grace. What is grace?
Something you say before each meal
A girl’s name
Biblical grace, God’s grace, His mercy and love
What is grace to you? To me, it’s the gracious hand of God in my life in the most unanticipated, grief filled moments. It’s when God held me so I could stand. Or in reality, was it so I could simply get up out of bed to go to work? Or to deal with the day to day of simply living when grief grabbed hold of my heart?
Have you lost someone or something that matters to you? Most of us have – or will – experience loss in our lives, whether it’s a person, a pet, a promotion, a position at work or a promise broken. It’s never easy, even when loss is anticipated. Why do I ask this question? I simply want to share my journey to inspire, empower and equip others…
You too can find grace in the midst of grief.
- In 2004, I lost Bette, my younger sister and a brilliant PhD nurse, to suicide…
- In 2008, I lost Kyle, my 20 year old college-aged son, to drugs and alcohol, and
- In 2013, I was in the grandstands cheering on Amby Burfoot, my cousin, as he ran the 45th anniversary of winning the Boston Marathon, only to see the first bomb explode directly across the street…
I realized things get broken, discarded or replaced, yet PEOPLE MATTER.
And I wanted to make time for the people who matter most to me.
Has something rocked your world, making you want – or need – to change?
Are you looking for an example as you:
Work through your grief?
Learn to LIVE again?
What did I do on my journey from grief to grace? One of the first things I did was read all I could find on loss and grief …
Read more by visiting her blog today here.
Now back to the linkup. What have you read this week? What literacy activities have you participated in with your family and loved ones. Please share. All family-friendly posts are welcome. 😉
Ashley @Circling the Story
Mary @Maryandering Creatively
Last Week’s Top Clicked Post!
By Jennifer at Making Our Life Matter
These are really cute books meant to be read aloud by mom and dad to their kindergarten student. I really enjoyed reading about each book. I think my favorite she listed is :
Be sure to check this fun post out.
You could be next to be featured! Remember, we try to make it worth your while to linkup with us by promoting your posts across our social media networks. We also pin your posts to our Pinterest Board!
Now it is time to link up to the Literacy Musing Mondays hop!
You will have until Saturdays at 12 p.m. now to link up! So come back often.
- Include a link back or the blog hop button linked to this hop on your posts.
- Link up the urls to your posts not to your blog.
- Please remember this is a family-friendly linkup. We reserve the right to delete any posts that are not family friendly. We love all kinds of literature and genres including family-friendly inspirational romances, fantasy, or scifi. We do not welcome anything with excessive sexual content or cursing.
- Be sure to visit at least two other bloggers’ posts and share comment love! Remember it is also nice to follow them on their social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook
- Follow your hosts and co-hosts on their social media.
- Tweet about the link up too.
[tweetthis]Come join the fun! Link up your family-friendly, book- or literacy-related posts at Literacy Musing Mondays![/tweetthis]
Linking up with these hops this week: Inspire Me Mondays at Create with Joy, Inspire Me Monday at Angie Ryg,Mama Moments Monday, Motivation Mondays, Good Morning Mondays, Inspire Me Mondays at Table for 7, Mommy Monday Blog Hop, The Book Nook – Blog Party For Book Lovers!, Together on Tuesdays at Chronically Content, Totally Terrific Tuesdays, What to Read Wednesdays, Booknificent Thursdays, and Fridays Blog Booster Party