How do we help our tweens and teens in their spiritual growth in Christ? How do we encourage them to find God and make Him central in their lives? Parents you are the guide for tweens and teens to grow spiritually in Christ!
As a mom of a teenage girl, I desire that she fall in love with Christ. I want her to know Him intimately as Lord and friend. The one who will supply all her needs; guide her future; and love her through the storms of life.
How do we help our tweens and teens with spiritual growth? How do we encourage them to find God and make Him central in their lives? How do we even know if they are saved?
Points to Consider :
Tweens and Teens Spiritual Growth
- Before your children reach their teenage years lay the foundation for Christ in their lives. Talk to them about Jesus daily. Read the Bible and pray with them daily.
“You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates” (Deuteronomy 6:7-9).
- Invest their lives into a local church where spiritual growth is central to the mission. Send them to Sunday school and let them join their youth groups.
- Never discourage them from answering an altar call. You never know when or how they will come to know the Lord as their Savior.
- Talk openly often about what it means to be saved.
- Lead them often in the sinner’s prayer; so that when the time comes, they will understand how to accept Christ.
- Encourage them to join their youth ministries or Christian clubs offered in school or the community. We are lucky to have a Christian youth center in our hometown funded and run by our local churches. Starting in middle school the teens can go twice a week to participate in games and Bible study groups.
- Live out the principles of your faith in Christ daily in front of your tweens and teens. Let them see you read the Bible and pray on a regular basis and not just during family devotion times. When hard times come, remember they are watching you for examples of how to show faith and act more like Christ.
- Also, remember this important scripture in thinking about spiritual growth:
“Let your light shine before men (your tweens and teens) in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 5:16).
- Buy age-appropriate Bibles and Bible studies for your children especially your tweens and teens. Below are some great resources for teen Bibles and Bible studies.
- Explore this Teen Bible Studies Pinterest Board
[tweetthis url=”http://maryanderingcreatively.com/helping-teen-tween-spiritual-growth/”]Parents, your tweens or teens rely on you to model and show Christ’s impact in their lives![/tweetthis]
Time to share.[tweetthis url=”http://maryanderingcreatively.com/helping-teen-tween-spiritual-growth/”]What tips or scriptures do you recommend to help teen’s and tween’s spiritual growth?[/tweetthis] Share in the comment section.
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter for more inspirational posts!
This post includes affiliate links. If you use one to purchase the book or resources, I will receive a percentage of the sale which I use to help pay blogging expenses and for prizes. Thanks for your support.
Also, I will link up this post to blog linkup parties listed on my Linkups Party page.