A Father’s Day Literacy Musing Monday
My favorite quote about a father is from To Kill A Mockingbird. Do you remember it?
“He did not do the things our schoolmates fathers did: he never went hunting, he did not play poker or fish or smoke. He sat in the livingroom and read … When he gave us our air-rifles Atticus wouldn’t teach us to shoot … ‘I’d rather you shoot at tin cans in the back yard, but I know you’ll go after birds. Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit ’em, but remember it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.’” – Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
Who was your favorite father from literature? Share in the comments below.
We are still looking to mini guest posts. Each week we would love to feature one of our faithful participants who would write a short three to four paragraph post. You could write about why you love reading or share a funny snippet about reading. You could write a poem. It can be creative and inspiring, but must be literacy-related. I would feature a great photo of you (that you provide) with links to all your relevant social media.
Interested? Let us know in the comments with your email address. Be sure to format it so bots don’t get it. Like this : marykatbpcsc45 at gmail (dot) com. By the way that is my email address. If you prefer email me your post and information when you are ready. I will contact you with your date for your guest snippet.
Now back to the linkup. What have you read this week? Do you have a fun literacy-related activity to share. Link up with us. 😉
Ashley @Circling the Story
Mary @Maryandering Creatively
Last Week’s Top Clicked Post!
Denise has a lot of great reviews with giveaways. Be sure to check out her site and explore while you are there. You could be next to be featured! Remember, we try to make it worth your while to linkup with us by promoting your posts across our social media networks. We also pin your posts to our Pinterest Board!
- Include a link back or the blog hop button linked to this hop on your posts.
- Link up the urls to your posts not to your blog.
- Please remember this is a family-friendly linkup. We reserve the right to delete any posts that are not family friendly. We love all kinds of literature and genres including family-friendly inspirational romances, fantasy, or scifi. We do not welcome anything with excessive sexual content or cursing.
- Be sure to visit at least two other bloggers’ posts and share comment love! Remember it is also nice to follow them on their social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook
- Follow your hosts and co-hosts on their social media.
- Tweet about the link up too.
[tweetthis]Come join the fun! Link up your family-friendly, book- or literacy-related posts at Literacy Musing Mondays![/tweetthis]
Linking up with these hops this week: Inspire Me Mondays at Create with Joy, Inspire Me Monday at Angie Ryg,Mama Moments Monday, Motivation Mondays, Good Morning Mondays, Inspire Me Mondays at Table for 7, Mommy Monday Blog Hop, The Book Nook – Blog Party For Book Lovers! , What to Read Wednesdays, and Booknificent Thursdays.