10 Items of Prayers for My Student
As She Returns to School
I am a mom who sends her child to public school. Our schools are almost like private schools with a majority of the teachers professing Chrisitians.
As my daughter returns to school, I wanted to share 10 specific items I am praying about for her.
- She learns to the best of her ability.
- She remembers to put God first in all things as she goes to school. Temptation to be in the crowd is hard to overcome. I want her to remember Jesus is the most important person in her life.
- She is an example to her peers that points others to Jesus.
- She studies and keeps track of her assignments so that she earns grades reflecive of what she has learned for the year. Let’s face it, I push her to earn the highest grades she can. She is a straight A student as a result, but is she learning and retaining the information to help her succeed later in life? Learning is more important than her GPA.
- She has the class that God wants her to be in and that she finds positive friends that will uplift her through the year.
- She is not bullied or harassed and that God protects her.
- She does well on important tests to help her move forward academically.
- She desires to learn more and more each day beyond the set curriculum.
- Her focus is firm and directed toward being the best student that she can be.
- She studies her Bible more at home so that she has the grounding she needs to avoid peer pressure that leads her to make bad decisions.
I also have some specific prayers for myself as the new school year starts.
- I pray that I study the Bible more to set the example my daughter needs to see.
- I also want to pray more with her each morning before she leaves for school.
- I don’t want to place her earning good grades above her seeking out Jesus’s will for her academically as she pursues her dreams for the future. It is so easy to get caught up in the competition aspect of parenting. My child’s grades are better than yours. She is more successful at blank.
- I want her to know I love her no matter what grades she earns. She is successful in my eyes as long as she keeps God as the most important aspect of her life.
- I want to provide her with positive reinforcements as she learns. I want to point her to the resources that will help her succeed.
- I don’t want to push her too hard academically so that I will look good as a mom.
- I want to encourage in her self-reliance so that she develops self esteem.
What are your prayers for your student and yourself as a parent as the school year starts? Do you homeschool or send your child to private or public school? Share your ideas with me. Also could I count on you as a prayer partner this year. I want to know your prayer requests as we start a new school year.
Thanks for your support.
Contributing to these hops:
A place to gather as writers and to write for five minutes with abandon on one word. This week’s word: Learn
Holly Mueller’s weekly linkup where we share our Spiritual Journeys based on a specific theme. This week’s theme; Praying for students.
Also contributing to these hops: