Time seems to fly and disappears like a butterfly. Seconds march away, and the day melts into night. How do we catch up? It all seems a rush and a blur doesn’t it? That is why I love this weekly hop. It is like a rewind in slow motion. This weekly writing party offers time to just sit down and contemplate our past week’s advances, regrets, and living moments.
1. I am so thankful for a date night with my wonderful hubby last night. We went to see The Song, a Christian movie focusing on marriage. It was really good. The music was wonderful and made the movie worth seeing. I only had one wish. I wanted it to be more Christ-orientated. It did not focus on Salvation. I guess it was made for Christians so the Gospel was not shared.
I recommend it for couples as a starting point for discussion about your marriage. Where are you at in your marriage? The focus was on faithfulness to your partner and the mistakes that can be made by both in a marriage that can impact faithfulness and the health of a marriage.
2. I walked away from this movie praying for my marriage and for my daughters and granddaughters. It really inspired my prayer life for them. I want them to find a man who will treat them like God intended with love and dignity. I also want them to have marriages full of love and happiness. This movie had some complicated issues dealing with fidelity and looked at the consequences that one faces when they are not faithful. I never want my children to go through that pain.
3. I am thankful that my marriage is full of love, security, and happiness. It takes a daily walk with your husband. I have to work at my relationship with him; pray for him; and show him love constantly. He needs to know how proud of I am. He needs to know and feel how much I honor and adore him.
4. In other blogging news, Ramona at Create With Joy selected me as her blogger friend focus for the week on her Friday Friendship Hop. I join this hop every weekend with about 175 to 200 other bloggers. I so enjoy being a part of it; so imagine my surprise when I saw a comment on my last Friday post that she was featuring me. She has two other hops during the week: Inspire Me Mondays and Wordless Wednesday. I really enjoy reading the posts and the community that she has created.
5. I have signed up for the Nester’s 31 Days in October. I am behind already. At least, I have my button completed. It took me hours and three photo editing sites to get it done. I final used Canva.com and produced this one.
6. I am so proud of my photograph in this button. I captured it last fall on a nature walk with my grandchildren.
7. As part of that hop, I am also thankful to Kate Motaung who is helping to make participating in this challenge even easier. She is promoting a 31-Day Five Minute Writing Challenge much like her Five Minute Friday. I am joining this linkup too because I can manage five minutes a day. I plan to write five minute poetry and link up there too. Hope some of you guys will join us too. It is going to be fun but challenging. I can’t wait to make even more blogger friends.
8. Speaking of making friends. Twitter says I am following to many people and will not let me follow anyone else til I get more followers. If I don’t get more followers, I am going to have to begin unfollowing others which I will hate to do. Please get your friends to follow me too. My twitter address is : https://twitter.com/MaryHill16
9. October is coming in with changing colors of leaves and beauty. I have been out and about taking fall pictures which I hope to share this week. 😉
10. Another week of blessings to come. I hope you have a good weekend.