Ever have one of those days when you can’t seem to focus on what you need to get done? I have these type of days a lot because of illness and disability. It is not just a question of time management for me on unproductive days. My time is robbed by illness.
How do I make the most of my good days when I do have them? I have some tips for those of who struggle with illness or disabilities just like I do. I think these probably would work for just about anybody with some tweaking.
1. Forgive yourself for the bad days when they come and don’t dwell on them. These days happen to everyone, healthy or sick.
2. Focus on the new day and realize what a blessing it is:
Luke 1: 78 says;
“A new day will dawn on us from above because our God is loving and merciful..”
3. Fine tune goals for the good days.
One big mistake that you encounter on the good days is the temptation to compensate and get too much done. When I do this, my next day is guaranteed to be a low producing day. I have to refine my goals that I did not accomplish on the bad day. I can’t be too ambitious and write down too many goals for my good days. I spread goals over two to three days to accomplish them in small chunks.
4. Stick to your refined broken, down goals, but be flexible. You never know when an issue can get you side-tracked. In the past, I have had to drop my goals because of emergencies or other family issues. Meantime, I had to back burner my writing goals for a few days. When things returned to normal, I write new to-do lists and start over. The keys are giving oneself grace and maintaining a sense of patience.
5. Last on my list, but not last in importance, is to start anew when you have had setbacks with prayer and time alone with God. We all need to have mini-retreats to find balance. What is it that God wants us to focus on? How does our writing serve Him?
I write as a ministry. The ultimate mission of my writing is to point others to the Light and Truth of Christ. I try to accomplish this through creativity and love.
What tips can you share to overcome setbacks in your writing goals? Please share in the comments area.
Linking up with Motivational Mondays at A Fresh Start on a Budget; Mom 2 Mom Mondays, Monday’s Musings, Mama Moments Mondays, and Good Morning Mondays. Inspire Me Mondays at Create with Joy, Inspire Me Monday at Angie Ryg,Mama Moments Monday, Motivation Mondays, Good Morning Mondays, Inspire Me Mondays at Table for 7, Mommy Monday Blog Hop, #MondayMusings at Write Tribe, #Christian #bloggers #linkup Mondays @ Soul Survival, Reflect His Glory Linkup, and #WordsWithWinter Linkup on Me, Coffee & Jesus.
Be sure to check out my Link-up Parties page for other great linkups.