Welcome back to the Literacy Musing Mondays, your linkup for all things literacy. This week we are focusing on goals. We also want to see your posts about learning, writing, reading, and literacy. Book reviews and literacy-related giveaways are always welcome too!
Setting Goals for 2016
With the New Year, I ponder how to improve our weekly linkup. I have two main goals for the Literacy Musing Mondays community. First, I want to increase the numbers of bloggers linking up each week. We have had about 170 bloggers join in at least once since we began the linkup at the end of 2014. This week we had 80 posts from 63 bloggers. I would love to see at least 200 bloggers linking up each week by the end of 2016. With a three-post minimum that could mean up to 600 posts per week. I wonder though if our linkup can get too big? Would we miss the intimacy and the community building? What do you consider a successful linkup?
My second major goal is to increase interaction among our community. I know we are busy and linking up to blog hop parties is time consuming. I link up to six to 10 a week, but I don’t link up and run. I try to encourage other bloggers by commenting on my neighbor’s posts. What do you recommend? How would you increase interaction? I know that Kate Motaung’s Five Minute Friday community has a Twitter party on Thursday nights. What could we do to build our community and increase interaction? What do you think about a Facebook group?
What goals do you think your hosts should pursue for the New Year? Your feedback is so valued! Please leave any ideas in the comments below.
Now let’s move on to our weekly linkup and
Last Week’s Top Clicked Post!
My Favorite Post of the Week:
I picked this one because the post includes a great resource for writers that you don’t want to miss.
Now, it is time to link up to the Literacy Musing Mondays hop! You will have until Saturdays at 12 p.m. now to link up! So come back often.
- Include a link back or the blog hop button linked to this hop on your posts.
- Link up the urls to your posts not to your blog.
- Please remember this is a family-friendly linkup. Although we believe in the right for adults to read whatever they want to read, we prefer to read wholesome posts that feature literature that edify and uplift families. We reserve the right to delete any posts that are not family friendly. We love all kinds of literature and genres including family-friendly inspirational romances, fantasy, or science fiction. We do not welcome posts featuring books or written with excessive violence, sexual content, or cursing. These posts will be deleted.
- We also want to be loving community by supporting one another. Please make a point to do this this week! Visit the post next to yours and at least one other blogger’s post of your choice! I want to see lots of clicks on everyone’s posts. I know as a blogger, you know how it feels not receive comments, right. 🙂 Remember it is also nice to follow them on their social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook.
- Follow your hosts and co-hosts on their social media.
- Tweet about the link up too.
[tweetthis]Come join the fun! Link up your family-friendly, book- or literacy-related posts at #LMMLinkup ![/tweetthis]
Remember to share any ideas you have for goals for the Literacy Musing Mondays community in the comments section below. We can’t wait to read your input!
Linking up the great linkups listed on my Linkup Parties page. I updated it this week so be sure to check it out!